Welcome to the Scottish Asbestos Helpline
The Scottish Asbestos Helpline is a service provided by leading NO WIN NO FEE Industrial Disease Solicitors with over 140 years experience serving the people of Glasgow and Scotland. Our aim is to provide help and information to those who want to understand more about their health and any entitlement they or their family might have to compensation following diagnosis of an asbestos related lung illness, whether this occurred through employment in Scotland, England or elsewhere in the UK.
Your enquiry will initially be handled by one of our experienced Helpline Team who will understand your situation and be in a position to offer immediate advice and support. At the earliest opportunity one of our specialist Solicitors will then contact you to discuss your case details further to ensure you receive the maximum level of compensation under Scots or English law, whichever is the most favourable to your circumstances. At all times you will be protected by our NO WIN NO FEE promise.
We can also assist you to claim appropriate government benefits and payments such as a payment under the 2008 Diffuse Mesothelioma Scheme, Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit (IIDB) and a one-off payment under the Pneumoconiosis etc (Workers’ Compensation) Act 1979.
Please speak with us if:
- You have been diagnosed with an asbestos related lung illness such as mesothelioma, lung cancer, asbestosis, pleural effusion, pleural thickening or pleural plaques or
- You are under investigation for an asbestos related lung illness or other respiratory complaint or
- You have respiratory concerns and you are unsure as to the next course of action to take or
- You have concerns relating to asbestos involvement which might affect a loved one, other family member or friend or
- Any family member, friend or Dependant has passed away from an asbestos related lung complaint
The effect of being diagnosed or losing a loved one from an asbestos related lung disease can have a tremendous impact both emotionally and financially and it is important to understand your rights and entitlements at the earliest opportunity. Please call us on FREEPHONE 0808 164 7740.