Mr ‘W’ had worked as an apprentice joiner with William Denny and Brothers ltd at their Dumbarton shipyard between 1945 and 1950. He worked on the construction of ship cabins alongside ‘laggers’ who were working with asbestos ‘monkey dung’. Unable to avoid inhaling the airborne asbestos fibres Mr ‘W’ much later contracted mesothelioma and passed away prior to any claim being commenced. We were subsequently contacted by Mr W’s widow and estate and took instructions on the case. Court proceedings had to be raised however all claims were settled in the run-up to trial.